Sunday, April 19, 2009

Art Crawl-Spring 2009

Life promises to be plenty busy in the next month or so. I apologize in advance for being a bad blogger. But then if you know me, you know 1) that my blogging here has already slacked off and 2) that I do the bulk of my blogging these days at my art blog. Heck, I haven't even written in my baseball blog yet this season.

This weekend I was busy preparing for next weekend's art crawl. Hundreds of artists in St. Paul open up their studio to the public this coming weekend. I've done it a few times now and it is always a wonderful experience. If you have never gone to an art crawl I highly recommend it. You get to meet the artists. There is lots of great art. Free treats. Sometimes wine. Great people watching. Friday night there are generally street performers outside. It's like going to an art museum, but skipping the middle man and going directly to the artist.

There's always lots of last minute preparations. Of course, I always put things off. This weekend, in addition to finishing artwork, I was painting our studio door (with chalkboard paint...cool project), painting the frame of a mirror, and of course organizing...There's still lots to do, so I'll be busy all week.

So if you're looking for something to do this weekend, stop by my studio. I'll be serving up those little meatballs on Friday night (and other treats Saturday and Sunday).

Check out my art blog for more behind the scenes info, as well as a cute video made during the 2007 art crawl.

No comments: