Thursday, February 28, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
And I am still diet coke free!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
One day at a time...
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Still I'm looking for a little fun. I really wanted to spend lots of time at my art studio this week painting. I've been doing some of that, but feel like I need to venture out for some creative inspiration. I think I know what is ailing me.
I'M SICK OF WINTER AND COLD WEATHER!!!
It feels too cold to be out traipsing around, but I'm tired of sitting home because of cold weather. I'm tired of white and gray. I'm tired of temps that never get above freezing.
So in the next few days, I'm going to be thinking warm thoughts, imaging bright, vivid colors. These pics from this past summer might help.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
8 Things I'm Passionate About:
- My relationships--with my husband, kids, family & friends
- Painting, making art/crafts...creativity
- Baseball, especially the Twins
- Compassion towards others--especially those who could use a hand
- Baking, cooking
- the right to Vote
- Seeing Bush and fellow Republicans out of office ASAP
- Diet Coke and dark chocolate
8 Things I want to do before I die:
- Celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary with Joel...and on the way, have lots of good times with my hubbie
- See my kids get married (when they're ready)
- Have good times with my grandchildren (not yet here--no rush!)
- Travel to Europe (especially France) and Morocco
- Paint, paint, paint...have a great art show and sell some of my work (or receive a commission)
- Go to Twins spring training
- Own a house
- Have a dog again
8 Things I Say Often:
- You tell me--
- Animal Precinct
- House Hunters
- What Not to Wear
- The local news
- Project Runway
- The Biggest Loser
- Westminster Dog Show
- Jon & Kate plus 8
8 Songs I Could Listen To Over and Over:
Sorry, I might never get this posted if I try to come up with 8 songs. Maybe another day. But, I'll offer this--8 singers/groups I enjoy:
- James Taylor
- Van Morrison
- the Bee Gees (a guilty pleasure)
- Andrea Bocelli
- the Beatles
- David Sanborn
- Carole King
- Barry White
- Sense of humor; an ability to be "wacky"
- A creative spirit
- A forgiving nature--compassion
- Honesty (and the ability to accept my honesty)
- the willingness to help others
- Common interests
- a certain amount of "feistiness" to match my own
8 Things I've Learned (or been reminded of) This Past Year:
- That it's worth looking like a fool for love at any age
- Marriage is not always easy, but it's worth it (it hasn't been that hard, honey)
- Even when your children are grown, they are a part of your marriage
- That regardless of your children's ages, you are always mom. And that's o.k.
- That the work you do has a value beyond a paycheck
- Unfortunately, that value does not help pay the bills
- There has to be more to life beyond work
- The older I get, the more I need my sleep
8 People I Think Should Do "8" :
Well, not exactly 8. This is not a "should" in the sense that I "expect" you to do it--
- Stacy (I know you may have been "tagged", but I haven't seen it)
- Any other readers of my blog!