Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where have I been, you ask?

O.K. I'm just going to start by saying that I'm in a period of mourning.
While I uploaded these pics this morning, I am actually writing this blog at 10 pm Tuesday and if you don't know yet, my beloved Santana was traded to the Mets today.
I'm not very happy about that.
I got razzed a little earlier about not posting much lately.
Well, if you read my baseball blog you would know that I had posted 4 entries in 4 days (now 5 in 5).
But if you don't take a gander at my baseball blog here's an update on what I've been doing:
TWINS FEST!!!


Twins Fest was held at the Metrodome this past weekend. Two years ago, Joel tried to lure me to Twins Fest, but for reasons unclear now I put him off. Last year we attended together for the first time. We had a blast. This year we decided to go twice--Friday and Sunday (it's really a win-win situation: you buy an $8 ticket and get a voucher for a $21 upper club seat).

Friday night I watched a radio interview with Mauer and Morneau. Morneau seemed in good spirits after signing that $80 million deal.


Joel spent lots of time getting autographs from player, new and old. Here he is with Dan Gladden. Usually I would just show up when he made to the station to take a few shots of Joel with the player. You can catch Joel's story of our Twins Fest visits at his Twinscards site.

An overview of the dome. Lots of people. Lots to do.

Here I am with former Twin Al Newman. He was very charming and could have shared baseball memories all afternoon.


It's a fun place to take the kids. Here are two future twins.

Oh ya, I also had my pic taken with Pat Neshek at the photo station. Joel & I've talked to him before (Joel requested his first autograph ever when he was in the minors...and he now actually recognizes my husband). He's a great guy, from Minnesota no less.

So my baseball juices are now running. Pitchers and catchers report to camp on February 11th (although without Santana that's far less exciting). But if you don't see me posting here, you might want to check out my baseball blog--that's probably where you'll find me.





No comments: