Sunday, February 10, 2008

O.k. Mel here it is (for what it's worth)--

O.k. Mel "tagged" me and since I have a hard time not doing something asked of me (most of the time anyways), here it is--although a few things I just couldn't think long and hard about. I'll "tag" a few people myself, but don't sweat it. I'd love to hear your answers.



8 Things I'm Passionate About:

  • My relationships--with my husband, kids, family & friends
  • Painting, making art/crafts...creativity
  • Baseball, especially the Twins
  • Compassion towards others--especially those who could use a hand
  • Baking, cooking
  • the right to Vote
  • Seeing Bush and fellow Republicans out of office ASAP
  • Diet Coke and dark chocolate

8 Things I want to do before I die:

  • Celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary with Joel...and on the way, have lots of good times with my hubbie
  • See my kids get married (when they're ready)
  • Have good times with my grandchildren (not yet here--no rush!)
  • Travel to Europe (especially France) and Morocco
  • Paint, paint, paint...have a great art show and sell some of my work (or receive a commission)
  • Go to Twins spring training
  • Own a house
  • Have a dog again

8 Things I Say Often:

  • You tell me--

8 TV Shows I've Recently Watched: (definitely impacted by the writer's strike and the lack of baseball)


  • Animal Precinct
  • House Hunters
  • What Not to Wear
  • The local news
  • Project Runway
  • The Biggest Loser
  • Westminster Dog Show
  • Jon & Kate plus 8



8 Songs I Could Listen To Over and Over:

Sorry, I might never get this posted if I try to come up with 8 songs. Maybe another day. But, I'll offer this--8 singers/groups I enjoy:

  • James Taylor
  • Van Morrison
  • the Bee Gees (a guilty pleasure)
  • Andrea Bocelli
  • the Beatles
  • David Sanborn
  • Carole King
  • Barry White
8 Things That Attract Me To My Friends:

  • Sense of humor; an ability to be "wacky"
  • A creative spirit
  • A forgiving nature--compassion
  • Honesty (and the ability to accept my honesty)
  • Patience
  • the willingness to help others
  • Common interests
  • a certain amount of "feistiness" to match my own

8 Things I've Learned (or been reminded of) This Past Year:

  • That it's worth looking like a fool for love at any age
  • Marriage is not always easy, but it's worth it (it hasn't been that hard, honey)
  • Even when your children are grown, they are a part of your marriage
  • That regardless of your children's ages, you are always mom. And that's o.k.
  • That the work you do has a value beyond a paycheck
  • Unfortunately, that value does not help pay the bills
  • There has to be more to life beyond work
  • The older I get, the more I need my sleep


8 People I Think Should Do "8" :

Well, not exactly 8. This is not a "should" in the sense that I "expect" you to do it--

  • Mindy
  • Julie
  • Joel
  • Stacy (I know you may have been "tagged", but I haven't seen it)
  • Any other readers of my blog!




No comments: