Thursday, May 29, 2008

The 1-year anniversary looms ahead...

Joel and I will be celebrating our 1-year anniversary in just 5 days. I actually plan to start the celebration on Sunday (we got married on a Sunday). We've tossed around some ideas about how to celebrate. We thought about going out of town for a few days, to Red Wing, and staying at the bed and breakfast we went to last year. Next week is the one week all summer they're closed. Then I decided we'd start the celebration off on Sunday with brunch at Forepaugh's where we held our ceremony and reception. They're closed for renovations.

All right, all right, I will not be dismayed. Thus far, we are now planning Sunday brunch at Loring Pasta Bar (where we dined the evening of our wedding). And on Tuesday, we will be attending a Twins game. That seems right, since the Twins and baseball have been pivotal in our life as a couple.

I suppose at some point I'll be reflective about reaching this 1-year mark. In short, I don't think married life has been hard. In fact, I think it's been very, very good. I enjoy being married. That doesn't mean it's always easy, but it's the life I have wanted for a very long time.

I just had to find the right man for the job. That was the hard part.

This part is like the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

The Tritabaugh's said...

Happy Early Anniversary!!! One down and a lifetime of happieness to go!!! We will be celebrating our 3rd on June 17th. When you are with the right person marriage is awesome!