Monday, June 23, 2008

Losing weight the hard way

I feel slightly better today, but still not good enough to go to work or really eat anything. I tried to get into my doctor's today, but they couldn't squeeze me in till tomorrow.

I'm getting a little bored with laying in bed and watching t.v, but really couldn't muster up the energy to make it over to my studio (3 flights of stairs). Really, without getting too detailed, I still need to be very close to a restroom. Enough said.

But Joel, being a good sport, took me out for a little bit late this afternoon. It was the first time I had left the apartment since Friday afternoon. That wouldn't bother me so much if it was raining or the dead of winter. I'm bummed I totally missed a weekend of wonderful weather.

I decided I might as well grab some good from my recent "diet" and drop in for a quick WW weigh-in. Haven't written much about it here, but I've been plugging right along. And yes, I lost 3.4 lbs in 10 days, for a total of (drum roll, please) 21.4 lbs! I know I may put a little of that back on (temporarily) when I start eating again, but it was still quite a pick-me-up.

Then we simply stopped at Target to pick up some essentials and search for some food I might find appealing. Man, if I could bottle what I've got (minus the misery) as an appetite suppressant, I'd make millions! Nothing looked very good at all. Hopefully this will all be over soon, because it's really no fun to not enjoy your food at all.

No comments: