Friday, October 3, 2008

Open for Business








For those of you who don't know, I have been preparing for a few months now to open up an Etsy shop...an online "store" that sells handmade items to folks around the world. I plan to sell some of my crafted items and original artwork in my Etsy shop. In the past few weeks I've been doing some of the necessary work in preparation of listing items for sale. Last night I finally was ready to list my first item.


It didn't really go smoothly. I "lost" the listing a few times...listing an item is a multi-step process and on more than one occasion I lost or basically deleted my listing before I was done. There is also no inherent way to save an unfinished listing and go back to it later. (I found a way later). Then when it came time to upload images, I couldn't get it to work. I hit my head against the wall for a good hour before I came to the realization that it was an Etsy problem and not a Risa problem. No one was getting their pictures up on Etsy. So I saved my work, went to bed very late, and then woke up very early this morning to upload my images.


Viola! My first listing was ready to be posted. My Etsy shop is officially open for business.


I was pretty excited today to see it up for the whole world to see. Tonight I added a second item. In the coming weeks (especially after the Art Crawl), I'll be listing more items.


For now I am listing necklaces that I have beaded. More handmade items and original artwork to follow.


(Pictured above are images of necklaces that are or will be featured in my Etsy shop. Please click on the left side buttons to go to my Etsy shop)

No comments: