Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's time to go

I am finishing up my packing and preparations for my trip to Sedona. It's been crazy busy at work the past few days. My work day ended with me locking my car keys in the ignition. Thank god for AAA.

So I'm excited and a little nervous. And strangely a little sad. I have not taken many out-of-town vacations in my life, especially without family. I have only flown anywhere 2 other times! So while I am overwhelmingly excited about this wonderful opportunity, I am also aware that I am leaving my family behind...and I am not any more used to that than I am to flying. I spent a little time with both my kids today and once I finish this packing, I'll be spending some time with my hubby. I know I will miss them while I'm gone.

Sometimes you have to leave your life in order to appreciate your life even more.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Can I come with? (not even kidding...ok maybe just a little bit)