Thursday, December 25, 2008

Holiday Blessings

Amazing. As crazy as the time leading up to Christmas seems, it seems to come and go in an instant. December has been a whirlwind...and I lamely offer that as an excuse for not writing more.

The closer it gets to Christmas, the crazier my work becomes. Crazier and harder. As you can imagine, the holidays is a difficult time to be in the line of work of "helping others". Stress piles up for everyone and it's hard not to feel that. I try to bring home with me the good stuff...the joy in helping make the holidays a little easier for families that don't have a lot of resources. Joel and I had a good time playing Mr & Mrs Claus for the families (even if we came home with the flu). It was a tough year for our Holiday Store for our families...donations were down, but we managed to serve all our families.

And while I worked the last few weeks to make the holidays better for others, I was trying hard not to go crazy making Christmas better for my own family. Thankfully I get a 2-week holiday break from my work and starting Friday (when my break began) I was busy running around like every other crazy fool.

And so I celebrated Christmas with my kids and hubby yesterday. "Santa" was very, very good to me (Thank you, honey!) But in the end, it's the combination of all the "little things" that make the holidays complete...the time spent with my kids and husband, listening to the same holiday music, eating the same cookies, decorating the tree with the same ornaments...these are the things that I treasure year after year.

And I know that I am blessed.



No comments: