Sunday, December 14, 2008

The surprise at the end of this post

I was really kicking myself for not making it outside yesterday, so I was determined to venture out today. Not the best move. My daughter Ana was off today, so we headed to downtown Mpls to check out the Dayton's, er Macy's 8th floor display. We took the bus...because of the weather and the fact I hate driving downtown Mpls.

I just have to say that I was a bit disappointed with Macy's this year. The display was about half the size it normally is and there were none of the "illusion" scenes they typically have. It was still beautiful, but didn't quite measure up to past years.

Ana and I did a bit of shopping. I love shopping downtown Mpls, but it was getting colder and windier as the afternoon wore on. Plus I started feeling like crap. I found out a few weeks ago that I have a severe vitamin D deficiency...which explains my severe fatigue and muscle/bone fatigue & weakness. After walking around for a few hours I was done. Actually I was in pain. We headed home, but the 8 block walk home was miserable.

I'm not looking forward to this bout of winter weather that's coming this week. I would love to hibernate!

And now for the surprise at the end of this post: As a means of promoting my Etsy shop and art blog, I am hosting a giveaway on my art blog. It's also a way to show appreciation to those folks who are following my artful adventures. I will be giving away a necklace to one of my viewers. Check out my art blog for details. All you have to do is leave a comment (on my art blog).

No comments: