Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The joys of winter

It's been a long day. It started off with me sluggish after only 5 hours of sleep. I felt like I was coming down with a cold. UGH. The weather report for the day forecasted the second snowstorm in just 4 days. I'm a wimp driving on snowy winter roads and I decided I did not want to drive to work and then risk having to drive home in the storm. Joel drove me to work...which was definitely a bonus.

Work itself wasn't bad...it's Secret Santa week, so there is plenty of fun associated with that. But Tuesday is the day I work late...it's Family Night when we have programming for our families. I don't get out of work on Tuesdays till at least 7:30pm. I was skeptical at the beginning of the day whether we really would hold it tonight...but initial reports was it was a go. But around 3:30 the decision was made--cancel Family Night.

That meant I could make my venture home by bus far earlier...but that did not mean it would be an easy ride. I caught a ride up to Lake Street and then waited 20 minutes for the bus (it should have been a 5 minute wait at best). My toes were numb with cold. But getting on wasn't the hard part. It took an hour to make it to Marshall/Snelling--which would normally take 20 minutes. The entire ride took 1 hour 20 minutes. I was cold to the bone, but it was still better than driving those horrid roads myself.

I took a hot bath and drank a hot cup of tea. Now I'm just chillin in front of the t.v.

Winter can be beautiful, but it can also be a bitch.

1 comment:

The Tritabaugh's said...

Thanks for sending the snow our way :(! Unfortunately, snow means Brian gets called in to work in the middle of the night! You're right, snow is pretty......but it also sucks!