Saturday, July 7, 2007

Trash and treasures

We returned last night, sweaty from a long day of driving, from our 3-day road trip. It was great to get away from the daily grind, from the daily responsibilities of our lives. (More on the trip later).

Back to reality...tonight I am sorting through various boxes, trying to find places to put things away, sometimes just compiling the contents of two boxes into one. I hate moving, because it takes so very long to put away a lifetime worth of trash and treasures. Merging two households is quite an undertaking...somehow I am trying to arrive at this place where everything is reasonably in place and when I look around it is not just my stuff over here and his stuff over there, but our stuff pulled together for a new look.

It ain't going to happen overnight.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

if you need somewhere to put all of your money ... I have room!