Monday, July 2, 2007

Rollin' down the river

Sorry, most of my blogging energy has been directed to my baseball blog. I'll try to be more even-handed, but remember the baseball season is almost half over. Can you believe that the All-Star game is next week? I digress...

If I ever figure out how to upload pics from our new digital camera, I'll get some new pics on here. I took some fun pics on Friday when Joel and I headed to the Taste of Minnesota. I haven't been to the Taste in years. In fact, the last time I went it was still at the Capitol.

The Taste pales in comparison to the State Fair, but we had a good time none the less. Joel sang the Oscar Mayer weiner jingle, we enjoyed taking some pics in the Kodak tent, and ate some pretty good tator tot hot dish (although it wasn't really made with true tator tots).

The best part of the evening by far was taking a Mississippi river boat cruise. Joel had surprised me last year with a cruise and it was a special evening. This was an impromptu cruise and just as special. We thought it would be a nice way to enjoy the fireworks and it was. Being on the water was very relaxing. It was a nice way to let the stress of the week drift away.

Saturday we went to our first wedding as a married couple. It was interesting attending a wedding just 4 weeks after our ceremony. It brought back a lot of memories about the planning and actual ceremony. I teared up during the wedding vows. I now understand how much they mean.

So tomorrow is our first month anniversary. I'm working tomorrow, but then have off till July 11th. Yay! I think I still need some down time to "absorb" all the changes in my life.

I promise--pictures soon!

No comments: