Monday, May 21, 2007

Butterflies

Someone asked me today if I had "butterflies" about the wedding. Am I nervous about getting married? No, I have no fears that I am marrying the right man. I'm not scared about being married and the commitment that entails. I have no doubt that Joel will make a good husband and as we both said the night of our engagement, we should have a "lot of fun growing old together".

Nope. My anxiety is about whether the big zit on my chin will clear up by the day of the wedding. My anxiety is about whether the humidity will be so bad that day that my hair will frizz into one big 'fro. My anxiety is about being in front of a group of people and stumbling through our wedding vows (which we've yet to write). All those are pretty small things in the whole scheme of things. I don't imagine in 5, 10, 20 years that I'll remember those things.

What I hope to be doing in 5, 10, 20 years is having a lot of fun growing old with this man that keeps me laughing every single day. Sounds good to me.

No comments: