Saturday, May 19, 2007

Setting up the kitchen

Watching the Twins beat Milwaukee (Twins baseball is one of my passions). I have thought about writing a Twins baseball blog from the female fan's perspective...maybe someday. Expect to see the subject of baseball creep up here frequently.

Joel (my fiancee) is sick with a cold. Since he was laying low this afternoon and his kids did not come over, I tackled the job of re-organizing the kitchen. I moved into Joel's apartment in lowertown St. Paul last month. I love the location--his apartment overlooks the St. Paul Farmers Market. On the weekends I can go down and buy fresh produce, flowers, veggies...all locally grown. The apartment has lots of character--high ceilings, exposed timbers, big windows...the building is formerly a rubber company that was converted to apartments several years ago.

Joel and I debated moving into a "new place", but his apartment had so much charm and plenty of space (2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms). Plus it is handicapped accessible for his daughter. So I moved here. Part of the challenges of that kind of move is that you're moving somewhere where someone is already established. Joel has been very good about it all--making room for my stuff and encouraging me to re-organize things as well.

So, back to the kitchen...I've been trying to adjust to the new kitchen & squeeze my stuff in with minimal re-organizing. Last weekend I helped my daughter set up her new kitchen...and thought what great fun it was to start fresh. I decided in order to feel truly at home here, I needed to start-over with the kitchen. I love to cook and bake and I've been doing that here more and more. So today, as Joel lay sleeping away his cold, I pulled nearly everything out of the cupboards and re-organized. (I also made Joel some homemade chicken noodle soup...I am sooo domestic sometimes). I think it's good. Now I can open the cupboards and feel like I'm home.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Baseball_Lipgloss said...

Hey, I found your blog! I think you should write a baseball blog!!! There aren't enough female fans out there showing off about their sporting knowledge.

Jen