Saturday, June 2, 2007

Just a day away

Despite lack of sleep (I got about 4 hours), I got up this morning to head down to the Farmer's Market to get flowers for the wedding. Last week I saw the most incredible deep pink peonies at the market and I was hoping there would be more this week. I found the same vendor and bought several bunches of flowers. From another vendor I bought some other flowers. The apartment is filled with flowers!

Julie and Hannah came over later in the morning to enjoy the Farmer's Market. Julie bought a few plants and is going to try and get them home to New York. Hopefully airport security won't have issues. The Market is beautiful this time of year--rows and rows of flowers, perennials, herbs... The first veggies--radishes, green onions, lettuce--are now showing up. There are also the vendors that come every week selling eggs, meat, handmade soaps, and chocolate. A trip to the Market is a treat for all your senses. I bought raspberry chocolate truffles from the "Chocolate Lady" (from River Chocolate Company) as part of our wedding favors. She makes thee best chocolate truffles. When we started dating, Joel would bring me her chocolate truffles. Joel & I agreed that the chocolates needed to be a part of the wedding.

It's been a fairly low-key day...we did last-minute errands. I took a short nap so I wouldn't "lose it". Now I'm working on the favors and placecards as I watch the Twins game. I'm hoping that I'll be able to sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm sooooo excited for you!!!!!! You're getting married!!!! WOW!!! Congratulations.....You'll be a married woman when you come back to work......I just wanted to wish you a huge congratulations and tell you to enjoy your day to it's fullest....you deserve it!!!

Mel